Host Families are a longstanding and honored part of professional baseball. Virtually all teams in independent and Minor-League affiliated teams below Class AA have host families for the majority of their players.
These programs are a vital part of a player’s success both on and off the field. Having players become part of a local family helps these young men stay grounded in an unfamiliar city and affords them the stability they need at “home” to concentrate on building their baseball skills in an incredibly competitive profession.
WHat our players need
- His own room (may share with another player)
- Access to a laundry and kitchen
- Host families are not required to provide the player meals
- It is not the responsibility of the host family to provide transportation for their player
HOST FAMILY BENEFITS
- Spring Training trial period (try hosting a player for ten days during spring training to test the program out)
- Two tickets, minimum, to every home game
- A welcome party with the team during spring training
- Invitations to special events
- 25% off merchandise at the Stompers Fan Shop
- On-field recognition prior to a Stompers home game
PLEASE NOTE: Players come and go for a number of reasons, but your season-long commitment as a host family is critical to allowing the Stompers to field a competitive team. Be prepared to host multiple players over the course of the season.