Host Families are a long standing and highly honored part of Minor League Professional Baseball. Virtually all teams in Independent Leagues and Major League-affiliated teams below Class AA have Host Families for the majority of their players.
These Programs are a vital part of a player’s success both on and off the field. Having players become part of a local family helps these young men stay grounded in an unfamiliar city, build their life skills, and affords them the stability they need at “home” to concentrate on building their baseball skills in an incredibly competitive profession.
Famous Players Who Had Host Families in the Minors
WHat our players need
- His own room (unless you host two, instant roommates!)
- His own bathroom (not required)
- Access to a laundry room and kitchen
- Host families are NOT required to cook for their player
- It is NOT the responsibility of the host family to provide transportation for their player
HOST FAMILY BENEFITS
- Spring Training trial period (Try hosting a player for the 10-day Spring Training to test the program out)
- 2 tickets, minimum, to every home game ($429 value)
- A welcome party with the team during Spring Training
- Invitations to special events
- 25% off merchandise at the Stompers Fan Shop
- On-field recognition prior to a Stompers home game
PLEASE NOTE: Players come and go for a number of reasons, but your season-long commitment as a Host Family is critical to allowing the Stompers to field a competitive team. Be prepared to host multiple players over the course of the season.